Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Parents in the air?

I’m not sure if it’s just my since of anxiety, my views as a student of psychology, or any normal reaction, but I think of 3 main things when I hear someone say... “Hey your dad and I are going on a helicopter ride over the Hoover dam.” . . .

Adrenaline rush refers to an activity of the adrenal gland in a fight-or-flight response, when it is releasing adrenaline (epinephrine).

Panic attack has been described as an episode of incredibly intense fear or apprehension that is of sudden onset

Posttraumatic stress disorder (post-traumatic stress disorder, PTSD) is a severe anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to any event that results in psychological trauma.

I'm someone who is content with staying on the ground that the good lord laid for us... I have NO desire whatsoever to get aboard a helicopter and look at a very long FALL. Luckily my parents did it and arrived back on land safely and “had a blast”.

Anyways that’s all I have for now.

With Love,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment